Bronx New Deal - Photo #77 - Lehman College Campus

    Enlarge
77

Entrance to the Music Building at Lehman College, one of the four original Collegiate Gothic stone buildings built between 1929 and 1931 by FDR's New York WPA (TERA). Note the ornate stonework and, in particular, the letter H (for Hunter) over the portal. To the left and right, New York City coat of arms (windmill with beavers and barrels). June 2014.

The New Deal in NYC 1932-1943 | Frank da Cruz | fdc@columbia.edu