Bronx New Deal - Photo #481 - SUNY Maritime College

    Enlarge
481

A painting of the NYS Merchant Marine Academy just after construction was finished in 1938. All the buildings except for the stone walls and ramparts of the fort and the white houses north of the fort were built by the WPA, which also did the landscaping, athletic fields, powerplant, roads, infrastructure, and docks.

The New Deal in NYC 1932-1943 | Frank da Cruz | fdc@columbia.edu