As of: 14 March 2003
[ Previous Change Log ]
[ Updated Documentation ]
[ C-Kermit Home ]
[ Kermit Home ]
This is a minor update of C-Kermit 8.0 that fixes all known bugs, adds a
couple new features, and coincides with Kermit 95
- Where to Find It
- Special Thanks To . . .
- Martin Vorlaender, Gerry Belanger, Peter Eichhorn, ...
Frank da Cruz, Jeffrey Altman
The Kermit Project, Columbia University
These are changes since C-Kermit 8.0.206 of 24 October 2002:
List of Changes
- Improvements and new features:
- OpenSSL interface updated to 0.9.7.
- SSL/TLS support added to the VMS version of C-Kermit.
- New \fcvtdate(xxx,code) format code 3 to request
MDTM-format date-time (yyyymmddhhmmss).
- Separate text and binary session log file formats for VMS.
- New commands:
- [FTP] PASV added as an invisible synonym for [FTP] PASSIVE.
- New switches or operands for existing commands:
- FTP OPEN host [ port ] /NOLOGIN overrides SET FTP AUTOLOGIN ON.
- FTP OPEN host [ port ] /USER now overrides SET FTP AUTOLOGIN OFF.
- New or fixed makefile targets:
- HP-UX 11 with SSL/TLS.
- AIX 5.2 and 5.3.
- New gcc targets for most AIX versions.
- FreeBSD 4.8.
- Tru64 Unix 5.1B.
- Bugs fixed (general):
- Assorted syntax fixes for old VMS versions and compilers.
- Fixed core dump when making Telnet Com Port connections on certain
- Unix C-Kermit did not allow file transfer if started without a controlling
terminal (even if given an already-open file descriptor, e.g.
- The GREP command did not allow its pattern to be a variable.
- HELP PATTERN text had some mistakes.
- INPUT n \fpattern(xxx) did not work for
- \fpattern(xxx) didn't work with MINPUT at all.
- Macro replacement via \m() and \fdefinition()
did not work as advertised for associative arrays (where the contents
of the array "subscript" must be case sensitive).
- S-Expression bitwise & and | were broken.
- The RENAME command would sometimes fail to print an error message
when it failed (even though it would properly set FAILURE status).
- The ENABLE QUERY and DISABLE QUERY commands were broken
(keyword table out of order).
- "cd a*" failed even when "a*" matched only
- In Unix, the COPY command could reset the process's umask.
- FTP client bugs fixed:
- "ftp mget" broken if TMP or TEMP definition too long.
- "ftp mget a b c" would get all files in server directory if c didn't exist.
- "ftp mget */data/*" didn't work (wildcard in directory path).
- FTP CD, FTP CDUP, and FTP RMDIR did not return a failure code when they
- FTP brief-format transaction log records had success and failure stat