Bronx New Deal - Photo #124 - Orchard Beach

    Enlarge
124

The pictures from here on are of (or from) the northern part of Orchard Beach, which was Hunters Island before the WPA connected it with the Bronx mainland. This photo shows northern promenade at Orchard Beach, with handball courts visible in the background, and a concrete WPA drinking fountain at left. Photo: 14 May 2017.

The New Deal in NYC 1932-1943 | Frank da Cruz | fdc@columbia.edu