Williamsbridge Oval Historical Photos - Photo #11

   
11

Nearing completion, probably in 1937. The field house (recreation center) is nearly finished. The tunnel entrance at Van Cortlandt Avenue East and Bainbridge Avenue is in place (far left). This photo was taken from the roof of a building on Bainbridge Avenue between East 207th Street and Van Cortlandt Avenue East; the storefronts visible near the bottom are on the east side of Bainbridge Avenue. NYC Parks Photo Archive.