Williamsbridge Oval Historical Photos - Photo #17

   
17

Aerial view of Williamsbridge Oval Playground in 1938, open for business, exhibiting its original symmetrical design. Looking west. According to the news story, the central athletic field was for both football and baseball. Now it's for football and fútbol. Notice the 1758 Valentine-Varian House at its original location on the northwest corner of Bainbridge Avenue and Van Cortlandt Avenue East; in 1965, it was moved to its current location across Bainbridge Avenue to the edge of the Park to make way for a new apartment building. Photo: Bronx County Historical Society Archive, May 17, 2017.