The Still Hunt (crouching panther) statue by Edward Kemeys, from 1885, Park
Drive at about East 76th Street. Refurbished and remounted in 1937 by WPA
Hunt History, New York City Parks Department website: “In 1937,
the Parks monuments crew repatined the piece and secured it to the natural
- The Columbus
Monument (explains the monuments crew's New Deal connection).
- New Deal Assistance in
NYC Parks Department Projects, 1934-43.